Saturday, May 25, 2013

A day at the GA Renaissance Festival


I recently went to the Renaissance Festival with my friend Dani, this was what I was planning on wearing.



However after a week and a half of being terribly sick and the next possible day we could use our tickets, it was raining. So we decided to ditch our costumes and brave the rainy weather with our umbrellas instead.







Despite rain I still had fun, and because we had anticipated it, it really wasn't too much of a nuisance.






Dani found some cat ears/horns, they were cute but I was more focused on buying snacks and other stuff.




We happened upon a joust and decided to stay for the show


Here the queen is welcoming the guests, I believe she is reenacting Catherine of Aragon, King Henry's first wife (I have been obsessed with the Tudors, since childhood)






In the end "the bad guy" won, but the tournament was a draw for some reason and you had to come back later to see who really won.



We also got to see a show about birds of prey. This one is a parrot (not a bird of prey but they had a parrot sanctuary)



Because of the rain I didn't get a lot of good shots, I did get a cool video of the vulture but it takes to upload here so I'll upload it on youtube.


I didn't get as many pictures of the owl or the falcon either :(


here's a sad looking a cow

and some geese and ducks that had just gotten done fighting with each other



I thought these fountains were so pretty.


But I don't think I'd ever be able to own one.

I didn't buy much, just some sticks of yummy flavored honey and some elf ears and spirit gum. There was a metaphysical store so I also snagged some incense, sage stick and some dandelion leaf.




This is what my ears  look like on, I hope I have excuse to wear them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment